Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Lights

Here is our home dressed up in lights. Middle child did much of the work stringing along the gutters. He easily manages the roof. He can do this without a ladder by going through his bedroom window. I got vertigo. The ladder wasn't much better. 

Here is a close up of the front door.
It is a challenge going from a single door entry to a double door entry. I needed to buy two wreaths. The single entry tree takes away all symmetry.
                                                                 You may notice my snowman is leaning back against the wall. That is because the porch slab has a forward slope. This will be repaired by the builder.
In the meanwhile, this fellow leans backward so he doesn't fall forward.
The swags on the railing I've had for some time. The one on the right needed to be restrung with a new string of lights this year. I am an expert now.


Here is tree number one.
Decorated in mercury glass ornaments. It is too big for my living room or family room.
So, it is here in the dining room.

Just feet away in the entry is tree number two.
I am very happy to have two trees. This one has a variety of Hallmark ornaments and similar. I've had too many ornaments for just one tree for too many years. It is nice to be able to get all of them out. In the past, we've alternated themes from year to year.

I hope you enjoyed the light show.

No comments:

Post a Comment